Wednesday, March 4, 2009

When in doubt ...

...simply click here. This is my favorite online dictionary. You can use it to:

1. Find the spelling.

If you have a word that you want to know how to write, simply write your best guess if it doesn't find it it will give you a "did you mean" list from there you can usually find the word you are looking for.  Click here to see an example.  I wanted to know how to write curfew. I didn't know. I wrote curfiu, one of the suggested words was curfew. I click on it to see if the meaning matched the word I was looking for.

2. Find a synonym.

We find ourselves using the same words over and over, everything is nice or good. Spice up your conversations by expanding your vocabulary and applying words that better describe your your topic. On the left margin you will find synonym suggestions for the word. Click here for the Thesaurus.

3. Find the pronunciation

Next to the entry word you will find a little symbol as shown in the picture. Click on it and you will hear the pronunciation.


No comments:

Post a Comment